Saturday 5 April 2014

Freehand Roses

Floral Nails


Hello again :) my second post for today is my normal Saturday nails. I tried another freehand nail art, and really happy with how they look. All the practise I have been doing has really paid off, especially with my non dominant hand! No more shakes or dodgy lines lol. My inspiration for this nail art came from a book my Daughter got me for Mother's Day. A pretty floral three coloured roses nail art with gold accents.



Sally Hansen Crinoline, MUA Gold Crackle, Collection 2000 Sparkle Topcoat, Outdoor Girl Pastel Yellow, Sinful Colors Cotton Candy, Sally Hansen Blue Me Away, Beauty UK Green (from the Wild Child Collection) and Nails Inc Uptown Glamour. 
I first painted my nails with two coats of Crinoline. Then using the MUA Gold Crackle I painted half a heart shape at the edge of each nail. Even though this is a crackle polish, as I only painted a thin line, and went over it a few times, it hid the crackle effect. I used the Sparkle Topcoat to fill in the heart. Then with the pink, yellow and blue polishes made small roses randomly on each nail, with white polish and a thin detailing brush I added the details, used green to make small leaf shapes, and the Uptown Glamour to add a few gold dot.   Here is the finished design....

 
Before topcoat





Even happy with my right hand, which is my Cinderella hand :)

Before topcoat

After topcoat
I'm so so happy with how these look! So pretty for this time of year. Hope you like them too :)
Will sure be trying other designs from my new book, Its called Nail Art Sourcebook, and full of over 500 designs that you are free to copy :) so I'll shall never be without an idea of what to do on my nails again lol!!
Thanks for reading, stay safe and much love...



4 comments:

  1. Tracey these are BEAUTIFUL! The colors and look is so soft, and so perfect for Spring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hun this is such a pretty summery lovely mani I love the colors too well done xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, I find my self every now and then just looking at them :) Just goes to prove that all the practise really helps with freehand. I would never have attempted this last year!! xx

      Delete