Sunday 10 August 2014

Charity month Nails- August

Nails for Unicef


Hello lovely people, I'm here with a nail art I wasn't planning today, but wanted to do :) My nails are a bit shorter too, as I filed them last night. I made some water decals for this mani. I have missed a few of Sassy Little Nails Charity nail arts, but time has just flown past. Before we know it we will be doing Autumn/Christmas Nails again!!
Anyway back to my chosen charity for August. The theme is Human Rights. So I thought one for the future generations, one for kids. With my daughter being pregnant, and my friend having her baby boy last night it seems a fitting charity. 

UNICEF works with families, communities and governments in more than 190 countries worldwide to protect and promote the rights of all children. They help governments to build schools, train teachers and provide textbooks so that every child can get an education. They support families and communities to care for children and protect them against exploitation and abuse, fulfilling their right to a childhood. They work with partners to ensure that every child has the opportunity to take part in sport and play. They support governments to build and equip health systems, train health workers and provide food and clean water, so every child can be as healthy as possible. UNICEF is the world's largest distributor of vaccines to the developing world. Right now, we supply vaccines for 36 per cent of the world's children in over 190 countries. In 2010 UNICEF procured over 2.5 billion doses of traditional and new vaccines worth £470 million. We aim to involve children at every level of decision-making, from school councils to international summits, upholding their right to be heard. Working at the highest levels of government and through local staff and partners on the ground, we work to address poverty and discrimination so that every child is treated fairly.
So to my nails, I painted them matte white and added the water decals. The Unicef logo for my thumb and kids for my fingers, simple plain yet very effective.



2 comments:

  1. I love this hun you have done such a great job and for a great charity too well done fantastic! xxx

    ReplyDelete