Sunday 28 April 2013

Textured and Leather Look nail polish.

Textured and Leather Look nail polish.


At the beginning of the month, I decided to have a go at making my own textured and leather effect nail polish. My budget being the reason, I couldn't afford the expensive brand name ones, but also didn't want to miss out on these effect nail polishes
The leather effect was made using crackle nail polish, inspired after I watched a video on you tube by Nail Lounge 46. Instead of painting your nails normally with the crackle, you side swipe across the nail, and finish with a matte top coat. From all the crackle polish I have, I think the black and white look best. The textured nails where created using fine nail art glitter, kids craft sand, salt and kids craft glitter. I just painted the nail with a base colour and while still wet sprinkled the different items over each nail. When dried lightly painted the nail again with the same colour as used for the base. I think all look ok, but do prefer the craft sand the best.

XXXXX

No comments:

Post a Comment